At Knowsley Village Primary School, we recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We will act quickly and follow our procedures to ensure children receive effective support, protection and justice. To do this we follow the charter set out below –
- Work in partnership with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in keeping with the KSCB’s ‘Levels of Need Guidance’ to secure improved outcomes for young people
- Ensure that safer recruitment practices and safeguarding policies and procedures set out a culture of vigilance and challenge
- Provide induction and regular training that enable all adults to recognise signs of abuse and neglect; act in the interests of the child and maintain an attitude ‘it could happen here’.
- Work collaboratively with other agencies to promote early help for young people and families before their needs escalate to a point where intervention would be needed via a statutory assessment.
- Challenge ourselves and others to ensure actions are completed in a timely way.
- Quality assure all safeguarding practices including maintaining support and oversight of the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Safeguarding Team, their actions and decisions and record keeping.
- Ensure all adults working with young people follow an agreed code of conduct that promotes safe working practices and makes responsibilities and expectations clear, including the understanding that anyone can make a referral.
- Complete any actions arising from the Local Authority’s 175 Safeguarding Audit in order to ensure policies and procedures follow KSCB, Local Authority and statutory guidance.
- Implement any learning arising case reviews promptly.
- Provide students with a curriculum which promotes their safeguarding and enables them to maintain healthy relationships.
At Knowsley Village Primary School we take the Safeguarding of our children extremely seriously. Therefore if you have any reason to be concerned regarding the safety of a particular child, please contact the designated Safeguarding Officers:
‘Mrs Barlow and Mrs Greensmith safeguard our hearts and minds’