We prepare our children for modern life through a broad and balanced curriculum which encourages children to develop tolerant attitudes towards other faiths and cultures:
– Y1 ‘Harvest’ / ‘Christmas’ / ‘Our planet’
– Y2 ‘Hinduism’ / ‘Divali’ / ‘Festivals’
– Y3/4 ‘Festivals’ / ‘Christmas’ / ‘New beginnings’
– Y4/5 ‘Promises’ / ‘Choices’ / ‘Judaism’
– Y5/6 ‘Christianity’ / ‘Global’
* PSHE / Circle time activities focusing on SEAL materials
* Assemblies – focus on our schools values
“Respect For all” is embedded as part of our commitment to ensuring children are taught positive and life long personal, social and emotianal values. These values are integral to the curriculum:
The values we encourage, embrace and promote with the children are:
- All KS2 classes have weekly MFL lessons. From September 2017 due to pupil voice our modern Foreign Language will be Spanish.
- Big investment in ICT infrastructure in school and hardware systems (PC’s / iPads / Laptops)
- E-safety lessons advising how to stay safe online, cyberbullying and social media.
- Children’s University Scheme.
- Citizenship Award.
* Visits / Visitors- See Enrichment List
- Alan Gibbons (author) visit
- Y6 residential trip to Robinwood, outdoor education centre focusing on teambuilding skills, respect, cooperation, negotiation with others, having a go and personal challenge.
- Y5 Bikeability training to help develop safety awareness on roads.
- St Mary’s Church activities, including visits from Rev. Lea-Wilson
- Key Strings Musical Orchestra
- Altru Drama- plays covering PSHE curriculum including anti bullying
- E Safety Workshops
* Taking responsibility as citizens / supporting charities
- School wide fundraising (focus on fundraising at local, global, school level)
- Support Children in Need, Text Santa, Comic Relief Red Nose Day, Shoe Box Appeal, MacMillen and Save the Children charities.
* Fundraising events
- Collective responsibility for fundraising through PTFA events (summer fayre, sponsored walk / throw) to raise funds to develop the playground area to benefit all.