Contact Mrs Abrams for more details
All children in Key Stage 2 have the opportunity to become involved in Knowsley Children’s University. Children who attend lunchtime and after school clubs can gain credits towards various awards. At the end of the academic year, children who have gained 30 hours or more of extra curricular learning will attend an official graduation ceremony where they wear traditional ‘cap and gown.’ This graduation encourages and inspires our children to become life long learners.
Children’s University Philosophy Children’s University aims to encourage children to access learning beyond the normal school day, and to be recognised for their commitment to enhancing their own learning.
Within the philosophy of Children’s University there are 3 under-pinning beliefs.
1) Learning is a life long process
2) All children want to learn
3) All parents want their children to succeed
The principles behind Knowsley Children’s University are:
- To facilitate learning beyond normal school hours
- To encourage young people to be confident, independent learners
- To allow young people to explore interests at their own pace
- To create an excitement about learning
- To encourage a shift in the teacher / pupil relationship
- To promote a variety of learning styles
- To emphasise the value in young people’s interests
- To accredit young people’s learning, celebrate achievements and communicate success
- To promote a holistic learning experience